Want to get on the first page of Google?
Let me guess…
You’re desperately seeking that elusive top ten listing for your site’s front page. You’re focused on one or two main keywords. It seems an endless uphill struggle.
Or maybe you made it. If so, congratulations!
But then, heart thumping, you notice you’ve been knocked down again. And so the cycle continues…
If so, you’re not alone. It’s common practice.
The only problem is, this type of old-style SEO is dead. Ineffective. A waste of resources. And an endless cycle of defeat, disillusionment and, if you’re lucky, occasional elation… but then back to the defeat and disillusionment.
The good news is there’s a better strategy that:
- Is almost guaranteed to work.
- Attracts more (and easier to convert) search traffic.
- Allows you to enjoy traffic levels that continue to rise long-term… rather than the occasional peaks and more common troughs of ‘front page’ SEO.
(And if you do SEO work for clients, leaves them far happier).
More on that in a moment. But first…
What’s so wrong with focusing your SEO activities on your site’s front page?
While it can work for some businesses, for the majority there are a number of problems:
- It’s a bit like walking the tightrope. There’s a lot of risk. Even if you master it, it’s very easy to fall off, with potentially catastrophic results.
- The traffic can be hard to convert, and so not always what you actually want. For example, the main page for many businesses is often purely sales-focused. Except for all but a handful of niches, very few visitors convert to a sale the first time they land on a website.
- You’re limiting the pool of visitors you can potentially attract from search, but who are still in the market for whatever it is you are selling. In truth, there are not just a handful of keywords relating to your business – there are hundreds, if not thousands.
So what’s the alternative?
How can you:
- Build a more solid, sustainable presence on search for your business? (One that doesn’t keep you awake at night and leave you in a cold sweat on checking your rankings).
- Attract easy-to-convert traffic that you can sell to not just once, but repeatedly?
- Multiply the number of visitors you can attract from search via an omnipresent search visibility strategy?
Enter the Hub and Spoke SEO Method…