Should you be using Tumblr for your business? Perhaps.
It’s not a platform many businesses are familiar with. They struggle to understand it. At first glance, it’s all a bit overwhelming.
Some even dip a toe in the water, only to give up far too early.
Many others, still believing cheap shortcuts work for online visibility, post content on Tumblr as just somewhere-else-to-publish-content, with little real understanding or appreciation of the platform or its users. They consequently fail to get much if any benefit from it.
Is Tumblr just yet another social site?
Or is using Tumblr for business worth investigating further? What are the benefits?
That’s what this post aims to help you determine, as well as show you what Tumblr really is, and exactly how to use it for business purposes. I’ll even show you examples of real businesses successfully using the platform.
If you’re not using Tumblr as part of your marketing efforts, you’re missing a very large boat.
This post gives you:
- A short history of Tumblr, along with some current stats – some of these will surprise you.
- How to create a Tumblr account.
- The basics of using Tumblr.
- Important tips and strategies when using Tumblr for business, including:
- Examples of businesses and brands using Tumblr.
- The potential for search visibility and SEO benefits.
- Customizing it to fit your brand.
- How to reach audiences at scale through the platform.