This blog is currently experiencing rapid growth in traffic from search. Last month, search traffic more than doubled from what it was just a couple months previously. This month looks on track to continue that rapid upward trend.
In fact, last month had over 11 times the amount of traffic from search for the same month last year.
Of course, there are multiple factors involved, but they mostly boil down to three main strategies, the last of which I focus on here:
- Regularly creating and publishing valuable content. The more content you have, the more search traffic you can start to claim a piece of across an ever-widening array of keywords. Each new piece of content is an asset that fuels your future traffic growth.
- Continually building online authority through the repurposing of that content through various online channels. This includes social media and building up our social audiences (for example, we’re now past the 10k milestone on Twitter). As content gets repurposed, republished and shared, you build natural inbound links that reflect a growing level of authority, and helps determine how your content is ranked. In other words, your content assets grow in value for your business.
- Optimizing the blog for search. As well as optimizing posts individually for search, and effectively linking between posts to help search engines determine what content is about, it also means getting the right SEO foundations in place for the blog. While there are a plethora of SEO plugins available, there are just three such plugins I consider essential and that this post focuses on.
So in this post, I cover:
- The 3 best SEO plugins for WordPress.
- Why you need them. In other words, how they help your site rank and attract increasing amounts of search traffic.
- How to use them. I’ll cover how to set them up for best results.